How do I find the Hardware ID?
What are the Device Identifier formats?
The format of the identifier is dependent on the system bus and is defined in official Microsoft documentation
What are the valid system architecture types?
There are 5 valid architecture types:
- amd64 - 64 bit architecture
- x86 - 32 bit architecture
- * ia64 - Intel Itanium 64 bit architecture
- * arm - 32 bit ARM processor architecture
- * arm64 - 64 bit ARM processor architecture
* - Uncommon Architectures
What is a Vendor ID?
A Vendor ID or VID is a manually allocated identifier given to hardware manufacturers by the PCI-SIG for PCI devices and the USB-IF for USB devices
How is a Vendor ID represented?
Vendor IDs are 16-bit integers represented in hexadecimal (base-16)
What qualifies a hardware manufacturer for a Vendor ID?
Manufacturers are required to maintain compliance in their devices as well as pay an annual $4,000 fee